Science & Wine is a science communication project which was born in 22 of January of 2018. The main goal of this project are to alert for the importance of science communication in vine and wine research areas. This project includes a blog where are published posts, with a weekly periodicity (Sundays), about any issue related with vine and wine. Among topics that could be published are the impact of climate warming in viticulture, wine and human health, precision viticulture, wine metabolome, wine microbiology, wine tasting, terroir, and wine technology. Science & Wine aims to make wine scientific data more accessible, therefore is a blog open to non-specialists and to anyone interested in the various aspects of wine science. Science & Wine promote scientific congresses, conferences and workshops. In January of 2019 started Science & Wine Cafe, which are events where, for the price of a glass of wine, anyone can meet to discuss the latest ideas of science that are impacting wine sector.
Science & Wine Podcast #1 – Óscar Quevedo
- Effects of polyphenols on secondary structure of VVTL1 wine protein
- Pinot Blanc: Impact of the Winemaking Variables on the Evolution of the Phenolic, Volatile and Sensory Profiles
- The role of attitudes and tolerance of ambiguity in explaining consumers’ willingness to pay for organic wine
- The productive, economic, and social eﬃciency of vineyards using combined drought-tolerant rootstocks and eﬃcient low water volume deﬁcit irrigation techniques under Mediterranean semiarid conditions
- Brettanomyces spp. control: a research-winery crosstalk